
I've wanted to start a blog dedicated to the subject of marriage for awhile now, especially in light of this soon-to-be-drawing-to-a-close year my hubby and I just went through. Very long-standing problems (probably 16 years worth) were finally dealt with, and with a very fine toothed comb at that. It had to get worse before it got better, but it was all worth it. It's been our most blessed year yet, and it just keeps getting better.
Here's something I said to someone recently:
...Being freed from expectations was necessary due to my husband's former attitude towards sex. He thought "quantity, not quality". I had come to feel like a sex object. We had sex, but no sexual intimacy. We had love, but were not lovers. My husband came to realize how much this had hurt my feelings for him, and prayed for me to be healed, and for him to be healed. Well God truly blessed us with a paradigm shift, We could write a book!How personal I plan to get on here has yet to be decided. I see other Christian women's blogs of the same flavour get quite candid and I'm sure it's a blessing to many people. The subject of sex in marriage is a vastly neglected one, especially in the greater Christian community. Still, I've been shocked and delighted to find that the "prude Christian" is the exception, and not the rule. Very cool.
I must also say that all of this has been such a blessing to my dear man because he says it's thrilling to have a wife that wants him. Since our marriage has been healed, no other man understands me like he does, exhorts me spiritually as he does, blesses me by making me feel honored and respected like he does, wants the best for me like he does. All he expects from me is that I accept his tender love. That makes him the most attractive man in the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment