
My hubby and I talk a lot these days about a certain kind of woman we've come to refer to as the "wild horse". Let me preface this by saying that what I write below is for the emotionally healthy woman who is wholeheartedly submitted to God, not for example, a rebellious woman. I just want to make that clear.
She can't be fenced in. Ever. She needs complete freedom, without any expectations. Always. Especially in her creativity.Some women will slowly die on the inside under any other circumstances. We'll be dying without even realizing it.
You can't make her go where you want her to go. If she trusts your love, she'll walk alongside you without reservation. If you trust her instincts, she'll lead you to secret places, where only you and her can go.
You can't try to control or regulate her passion and energy. She has a desperate need to express herself fully. To deny her this would crush her spirit.
If you respect the wildness in her heart, protect and nurture it, she will be yours wholeheartedly. She will give herself to you completely.
A little over a year ago my husband was challenged on this. By the grace of God, he willingly listened to that small still voice. My God released me from a burden, and opened the gates to my dear hubby and I experiencing a depth of love and passion between each other that we had never known.
Here's a song below called "All The Wild Horses" by Ray LaMontagne. This song comes to mind whenever I see or hear of a wife that is being controlled, or confined. It breaks my heart. Her man doesn't realize that through his misguided attitude, he is robbing not only her, but himself. This song is dedicated to all the wild horses who have bits in their mouths, and are at risk for losing their wild spirit.
All The Wild Horses
Ray LaMontagne
All the wild horses
All the wild horses
Tethered with tears in their eyes
May no man's touch ever tame
May no man's reigns ever chain you
And may no man's weight ever defrayed your soul
And as for the clouds
Just let them roll
Roll away
Roll away
As for the clouds
Just let them roll
Roll away
Roll away
Praying that you can run wild and free SW. :o)
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for this post. I just sent it to my wife and she affirmed it is how she has felt. Pray that I can do a good job loving her into more freedom like your husband has you.
ReplyDeleteBTW- there should be a way to set your blog so people can forward your posts.